Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Iron Training Week 10 & 11 - Mike D.

Now that I've been in taper down mode for the last 2 weeks, my social life is coming back around. I was able to get to my nephews first birthday party last weekend and made it out to a secret biker party in the desert this last weekend. Still taking is pretty easy as far as partying goes, but it's a pleasant surprise to actually have the energy and time to get out and socialize with other without focusing on excercise, nutrition and recovery.

I still feel awesome and really confident at this point going into Ironman. I got my last long ride done this last weekend and it went awesome. I averages well over 20mph for the majority of the ride, got to test out my new wheels and my bike is dialed in for the race. My body feels strong and I don't have any weird aches or pains anywhere. I should only get better as I continue to rest and relax over the next couple weeks. Now, I've got to knock out 1 last long brick this weekend, avoid the rain, and start carbo loading for the race.

Training totals for week 10 & 11:

Swim: 6 miles
Bike: 180 miles
Run: 29 miles

No comments: